By using any of the Phixr websites (hereinafter "the Site") you are agreeing to be bound by
- The Site is intended exclusively for personal non-commercial use and is not a generic data
hosting service. Professional or corporate or commercial uses of the Site are prohibited, whereas
commercial use includes all activities targeted at revenue. Commercial use of the Site requires
a written express permission.
- You may not use the Site's service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Users agree to comply
with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not, in the use of the Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not
limited to copyright laws).
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to anyone ("spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your user name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure and secret. Making your account data public
will lead to account termination.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, user names,
files, links ("Content") that you submit and post on the Site.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Site or modify another website so as to falsely imply
that it is associated with the Site.
Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your account.
- We do not claim, nor gain any right with regard to data you upload to our servers. It's your
data, and it remains your data.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the free service the Site provides for any reason,
without notice at any time.
address in your profile. What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at our sole discretion,
in good faith and using common sense and reasonable judgement.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine
in our sole discretion as unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise
affiliate sites in different languages.
Personal information - in general - is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name,
email address, or phone number if applicable.
- We collect some personal information when you register with the Site. At the moment,
the only personal data collected is your freely chosen user name (which, of course, doesn't have
to be your real name).
- Beside that, the Site automatically receives and records information on our server logs
from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the page you request.
- We use this information for the following general purposes: product and
service provision, identification and authentication, service improvement, research, and
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web
page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or
engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web
company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information
derived from your IP address.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique
identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored
on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies,
or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use the Site.
- The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to
- access your information when you sign in (regardless whether for a temporary
session as a guest or by using your registered account details),
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Site's
- display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your
interests and activity on the Site,
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic,
- conduct research to improve the Site's content and services.
- The Site lets other companies [that show advertisements on some of our pages,
or perform user counting, eg. Google] set and access their cookies on your computer.
Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
Advertisers or other entities do not have access to the Site's own cookies.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.
('Google'). Google Analytics uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer,
to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie
about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored
by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose
of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website
operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law,
or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not
associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the use of
cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, however please note that
if you do this you will not be able to use this website. By accepting these terms and
conditions, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and
for the purposes set out above. This website runs Google Analytics with the
extension "_anonymizeIp ()" to truncate IP addresses in order to avoid a direct link
to individuals and provide full anonymity.
For Phixr to provide all its Facebook-related services, it needs permissions to access your Facebook data. Here is which permissions
are needed and what Phixr uses them for:
- "Your basic info": Phixr only uses your name for tagging yourself in a photo,
and the list of your friends for tagging them and accessing their photos. No other information
is accessed or used.
- "Your Photos" and "Photos shared with you": This is for allowing Phixr to download
your photos from Facebook, including photo tags.
- "Post on your behalf": As dangerous as this might sound, in fact, this is only needed to
upload photos to your albums. Phixr does not "post" anything to your wall.
You can revoke all permissions from within the "Privacy" page in your Facebook account settings. If you remove
Phixr as a Facebook app, permissions are revoked as well.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When you e-mail a photo, your Site user name that you are registered under
is visible to the recipient(s) of the e-mail. So is the e-mail address you
specified in your profile.
- We do not rent or sell or share any personal information.
- It may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent,
or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including
without limitation, fraud, situations involving potential threats to the
otherwise permitted or required by law. We will transfer information about you if
the Site or our company is acquired by or merged with another company. In this
event, we will notify you by email or by putting a prominent notice on the Site
before information about you is transferred and becomes subject to a different
such as "12% of users who regularly use the Site are from countries that start
with 'A'" or the like. No personally identifiable information will ever be used
without your permission.
- The Site displays targeted advertisements based on personal information.
- All personal information and other data will be stored and processed in the
United States and this information may be subject to the laws of this jurisdiction.
Editing Account Information. Security.
- You can change your Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Site's service, such
as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part
of your account.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we
believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide
products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, the Site may use SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
We may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any
significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice
to the email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent
notice on our site.
How to contact us
Trademarks and Acknowledgements
Phixr and the Phixr logo are trademarks of .
No material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted,
transmitted, or distributed in any way without his prior written consent.
Facebook and the Facebook logo are (registered) trademarks of Facebook. Used by permission (in accordance to the general permission stated here and to Section 6 of Facebook's "Developer Terms of Service" dated July 25, 2007).
Flickr and the flickr logo are (registered) trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Used by express permission.
ImageShack and the ImageShack logo are (registered) trademarks of ImageShack Corp. Permission request pending.
LiveJournal and the Livejournal logo are (registered) trademarks of LiveJournal, Inc. Used by express permission.
Photobucket and the photobucket logo are (registered) trademarks of Photobucket, Inc. Used by express permission.
Picasa and the Picasa logo are (registered) trademarks of Google Inc. Used by permission.
SmugMug and the SmugMug logo are (registered) trademarks of SmugMug, Inc. Used by express permission.
Twitter and the Twitter logo are (registered) trademarks of Twitter, Inc. Used by express permission.
Webs and the webs logo are (registered) trademarks of Webs, Inc. Permission request pending.
This product uses the Flickr API and other APIs, but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr and/or Yahoo! Inc and/or any other
of the companies named above.
This product makes use of algorithms described in: "Fast Anisotropic Smoothing of Multi-Valued Images using
Curvature-Preserving PDE's." (D. Tschumperle), International Journal of Computer Vision, IJCV(68), No. 1, June 2006,
Products and company names are being used without references to trademarks, patents or
copyrights. Therefore, the lack of a respective notice does not permit the assumption that a name
is free of rights.
Effective Date: May 31, 2011.